Single Day Tour
- Whether travelling from Launceston or if you've stopped overnight in Deloraine, load up a good breakfast and brew and prepare your best pair of walking shoes to walk their best miles yet.
- Past Deloraine, yet before reaching the peaks of Cradle Mountain, those with an adventurous streak will be satisfied by a short alpine walk to a stunning lookout platform overhanging a sheer cliff face. From Devils Gullet Lookout take in the magnificent views of Tasmania's Central Plateau (40-50 minutes return).
- Continue by car on the short drive to Westmorland Falls. Another of Tasmania's 60 Great Short Walks this is an adventurous hike through rainforest on a well formed track. Fossils embedded into the creek bed and a stunning waterfall leave you with the feeling that you've only just scratched the surface (2 hours return).
- A brief drive from the Westmorland Falls car park venture in to Mole Creek until you reach Marakoopa Cafe, a welcome destination after so much walking to enjoy lunch and a local craft beer, cider, or coffee. Be lucky enough to catch one of their live music concerts or a movie in their natural ampitheatre or aimlessly tread the path through the garden, orchard and vegetable patches.
- Just minutes from the cafe, complete the adventure trifecta with a visit to the spectacular King Solomon's and Marakoopa Caves. Highly decorated, and home to the Tasmanian cave spider, complete your day by playing 'spot the glow-worm' on the cave ceiling.
- Set amongst beautiful cottage gardens with spectacular views of the Great Western Tiers Mountain Range, the variety of accommodation options at Mole Creek Cabins will have you putting your feet up and resting for your next walking adventure.