AFL in Tassie is as local as it gets
Take in this recommended list of top things to see and do (aside from being at the game, of course!)
Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs
13 August 2023
Games details: https://www.hawthornfc.com.au/...
Two Day Tour
- A visit to Harvest Market needs to be at the top of a footy fan's list. This weekly gathering of farmer's, producers and artisans is where you will really get a sense of what community and life in Launceston is all about. Hunt, gather and forage as you weave through stalls overfilling with delectable delights. But first, coffee. Be sure to stop by local roast houses Provenance or Ritual and graze on free range egg and bacon rolls, or hand crafted pastries.
- One of the best bits of our boutique city is that nearly everything is only 15 minutes away and slowly you can make your way to UTAS Stadium for the match. From the Harvest Market wander across the bridge and land at Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery. Take a stroll around the many exhibits and indulge in the artistic and historic nature of the region.
- After absorbing the intriguing museum collection simply walk to the stadium to see your team in action. Your game day destination in UTAS Stadium awaits. Become one with the crowd made up of locals and fans alike and feel closer to your team than ever before.
- Afterwards make your way into the city for a post game bite to eat and enjoy a few locally crafted beverages at one of our many local bars and restaurants.
- Did someone say breakfast? Step inside the warm and inviting atmosphere at Tatler Lane by Sweetbrew. Hidden down one of the alleyways in the heart of Launceston, stepping into this cozy corner of the city is like entering a world where time slows down. Swallow the game result with a fine brew and top up your weekend of feasting with a menu to start the day like no other.
- Wander into the Cataract Gorge nestled on the verge of the city centre. Say hello to the resident wildlife, iridescent peacocks or take in another bird’s eye view via the scenic chairlift as it travels over the basin and main walk.
- As you come out the other side of the Gorge, The Penny Royal awaits. Uncover a rich experience steeped in convict history, scamper along the cliff walk, mine for gemstones and gold, or enjoy the picturesque replica 1825 stone buildings as you indulge in a lunch of great local food and fine Tasmanian wines.
- Next up it's time to ride the vines! Venture beyond the cellar door and this time on two wheels rather than two feet, weave and wind your way through the vines at Josef Chromy Vineyard, one of gems within the Tamar Valley Wine Route. Experience and hear first hand the story behind the prestigious wine label and toast to your weekend escape with a tasting of the vineyards finest.