Single Day Tour
- Drive to Deloraine, approximately 40 minutes from Launceston and enjoy a pit stop for coffee at Hazelbrae Hazelnuts in Hagley. Take a tour of the family run farm and taste a hazelnut straight from the source. Pick up a tasty treat for the road or relax and eat in at the restaurant and farm gate cafe.
- Stretch your legs after the brief car trip and take the delightful Alum Cliffs walk, listed as one of Tasmania's 60 great short walks. Venture to a lookout perched 20 metres over the river offering stunning views of the Mersey River gorge. A significant place for aborigines with rich cultural history.
- Once you've taken a breath, click your seat belt once more and travel the short distance to Trowunna Wildlife Sanctuary to catch a glimpse of Tasmanian animals in their natural setting.
- You thought you were sweet enough, well, not quite. Melita honey farm offers over 50 different varieties of honey, nougat, candles & skincare, including the iconic Tasmanian Leatherwood honey. You can event watch a Queen Bee lay her eggs in the honeycomb, or see the worker bees spin the precious nectar into liquid gold... and maybe even see a baby bee hatch!
- A brief drive to Montana will have you retreating to Falls River Cottage. Comfort and luxury will be close by, as will the impressive waterfall situated on site within the Longwood Forest Reserve.
Featured within this itinerary