- Kick start your day with a visit to Entally Estate, a historic homestead with various outbuildings, including Australia's oldest conservatory, chapel, Stables & carriage house. The property encompasses grand, park like surroundings with magnificent gardens and a vineyard.
- A quick dash across the road will have you arrive at The Kitchen, Entally House, the perfect breakfast stop to fuel your body for the walk ahead.
- You may be full after a delicious breakfast, but take in the next stop and trust us, you'll thank us later. Deloraine Deli put together the most delicious hampers catering to those adventurers who enjoy making a picnic part of a wilderness walk experience. Call ahead and have them cater a hamper to your needs.
- Make your way to Pine Lake for your first walk of the day. Consisting of a boardwalk across alpine landscape of ancient pencil pines you will trek towards a perched lake. Pencil pines are often seen around the shores of highland lakes and tarns, creating the unique ambience of these beautiful areas of Tasmania (30 min return).
- Now that you've carved a path through Pine Lake, take the time to find a grassy knoll and crack open the picnic hamper that's been perfectly packed for such a fine occasion. Indulge in some of Tasmania's finest artisan goodies and graze on the local landscape.
- It's time to walk off all that local produce and the next trek known as Liffey Falls Walk is one through Tasmania's World Heritage Area past eucalypts and massive tree ferns to an impressive series of waterfalls. Camera, phone, and instagram at the ready, it is here you'll capture some great shots at the many lookout points along the way.
- Retreat to Forest Walks Lodge and as per the name, this is a purpose built sanctuary for walk enthusiasts.
The owners indulge their passion of sharing Tasmania’s wonderful food, forests and wildlife with guests and visitors. Surrounded by mountains, birds and wildlife gourmet feasts entertain guests every evening with fresh vegetables straight from the garden and locally sourced meat, fish, cheese and eggs and the property also has access to local venison, organic lamb, free range pork, fresh wasabi and truffles when in season.
Featured within this itinerary