Add the jam-packed Whistle Stop City 1-day Tour to the following activities, and the result is a comprehensive and fun-filled two days in Launceston.
- Discover Tasmania’s social history and natural science, gaze into the cosmos at the Planetarium and explore travelling shows at the QV Museum and Inveresk Railyards site.
- Discover what it takes to create Australia’s most premium beer with a guided tour of James Boags Brewery. Appreciate the various stages of the brewing process & gain a fascinating insight into James Boag’s history.
- Pick up some local fare from one of the many providores and indulge in a picnic within the green-drenched City Park, home to the Japanese Macaques – monkeys presented to Launceston by Japanese sister-city Ikeda.
- After strolling amongst giant oak and plane trees in the City Park view the works of talented local designers at the Design Centre of Tasmania, located just next door.
- Situated within the award winning Peppers Silos hotel, Grain of the Silos is one of Launceston's newest additions to the suite of impressive dining options for locals and visitors alike and this evening we recommend it as your dining option. Grain is a platform for a produce driven menu based on seasonality and locality - the essence of what is the beauty behind Tasmanian fare.