Feeling like a local yet? After unearthing two days in our region we hope you are already feeling connected to the warmth and charm of our boutique city. Combine The Whistle Stop City and Sights of Tasmania's Heartland Tours and let the journey continue.
- Explore the old Launceston Seaport viewing historic vessels and Launceston's delightful riverfront precinct. Offering a great choice of fine food and casual restaurants it’s a great place to stop for breakfast or that must-have morning brew.
- Spend a morning on the water discovering the magical Tamar River and Cataract Gorge on-board the Tamar Odyssey. Be inspired by the variety of life as you cruise past charming riverfront communities, vineyards and farms, to historical Rosevears and Windermere districts.
- Disembark along the river edge boardwalk to Royal Park, a traditional parkland area that features the Tamar River, mature trees, multi-use trails, skate park and boat ramp, playground and BBQ facilities. Developed in the 1800’s and originally the site of a military barracks it is now home to Launceston’s Cenotaph.
- At Queen Victoria Art Gallery Royal Park, enjoy the richness and diversity of the fine art and design collections that are a vibrant part of this city’s heritage and contemporary culture.
- An island within an island we hear you say! Ease into the evening by visiting the Tamar
Valley Wetlands Reserve and get your blood flowing with a 1.5km walk out to the historic
island whilst spotting the many species of wildlife along the way. Keep your eyes peeled
for wreckage's past, or for a platypus which may appear at any moment.
- The affiliation with the Tamar River continues with Stillwater Restaurant your go-to for dinner this evening. Located riverside and offering a casual, yet elegant setting, the menu is by pure definition an example of Tasmanian cuisine. Indulge in an impressive array of food that is proudly local to the core.