Single Day Tour
- Wander into the Cataract Gorge nestled on the verge of the city centre. Say hello to the resident wildlife - iridescent peacocks – or take in another bird’s eye view via the chairlift as it travels over the basin and main walk.
- As you come out the other side of the Gorge, The Penny Royal awaits. Uncover a rich experience steeped in convict history - scamper along the cliff walk, mine for gemstones and gold, or enjoy the picturesque replica 1825 stone buildings as you indulge in a lunch of great local food and fine Tasmanian wines.
- Home to one of the most intact early cityscapes in the country the Colonial and Victorian buildings give the city a wonderful historic character. One of the best ways to explore is to follow one of the three Heritage Walks that take you past many living architectural examples
(collect map from the Visitor Information Centre).
- As you glance up to admire the beautiful old buildings, be sure not to miss the many boutique retail stores scattered amongst lane ways and stocking local handmade goods.
- A gourmet Tasmanian tour on foot by Taste.Walk.Talk will have your taste buds dancing. Uncover the best of the best in local food and beverages and hear the uniquely Tasmanian stories through a knowledgeable and enthusiastic tour guide.
- Taking it's name from the impressive Tasmanian Bluestone featured within the building and surrounding area, Bluestone Bar & Kitchen showcases Tasmanian produce within a warm and inviting contemporary bar and restaurant. This evening dine on a modern Australian menu that features generous notes of Asian flavour.